Thursday, January 6, 2011

Out of touch with (something)


If you are out of touch with a situation you don't know what is happening or don't have the latest information and need to be updated. Perhaps you haven't done something for a long time and need to get used to it. It could also be that you can't identify with a situation.

1. I'm out of touch with the politics here in Brazil because I don't really watch the local news.

2. Many people in first world countries are out of touch with the suffering and poverty that exists in other countries.

3. Many Hollywood stars are out of touch with reality and are living in a fantasy world.


Another common meaning of "out of touch" (not related to the comic strip above) would be that you haven't been in contact or communication with someone.

1. I had been out of touch with many of my friends until I looked them up on Facebook.

2. I've been out of touch with my sister Bianca since she moved to New Zealand.

No comments :

Post a Comment