Thursday, September 6, 2012

Get by


To get by means to survive, to manage, to cope with (or without) something.

1. Is it difficult to get by on minimum wage (salary) in your country? The minimum wage in Brazil is: $322/ R$622 per month. The USA: $7.25 per hour. Argentina: US$535 per month. The UK: £6.08 per hour.
Here is a minimum wage list by country: wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_by_country


2. Can you get by without your coffee?

3 You’ll have a hard time trying to get by without friends. Here’s an all time classic song, “ With A Little Help From My Friends”, originally sung by The Beatles… but I have to say my favorite version is sung by Joe Cocker live at Woodstock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y2RHMGqbWk. Here are some of the lyrics: "What would you think if I sang out of tune? Would you stand up and walk out on me? Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song, And I'll try not to sing out of key. Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends, I get high with a little help from my friends,Mm, Gonna try with a little help from my friends."

4. I can get by on 6 hours of sleep every night, but like most people, I prefer at least 8 hours to feel OK.


2 comments :

  1. I'd get by on two meals a day but I always end up having three a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough to get by without friends, what good is all the success and achievements you could have without anyone to share them with ?

    ReplyDelete