Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I can't wait...

If you can’t wait for something, you are looking forward to something in great anticipation. You are excited at the prospect of something happening. (Não vejo a hora)

1.  I can't wait to visit my country at the end of this year. It will have been 13 years away from "home" without returning. They say that "absence makes the heart grow fonder". Talk about someone or some place that you haven't seen in a long time.

2.  I don't think there's a child on the face of the planet who can't wait for their birthday or Christmas. Their expectation and excitement is so tangible... You can feel it. What are some of the things you can't wait for, the things you look forward to doing?

3.  In most first world countries young people can't wait to leave home and move into their own apartment, so that they can become more independent. What is it like with young people in your country? Do they leave home at the first chance they get?

4.  I can't wait for game of thrones season 4... but we have no choice… we have to wait another nine months. For those who really can't wait, they can go and download and read the next books in the series.

5.  I can't wait for my next vacation. Isn't it incredible that we usually spend more time anticipating a vacation than it actually lasts? We spend so much time thinking about and planning them... and when they finally arrive they are over before you know it.


6.  We can't wait to become adults… But then when we are all grown up, we reminisce about the "good old days" with a sense of nostalgia. Did you have a good childhood?

7.  When very young children are excited about and can't wait for an important event that is about to happen, we usually tell them that there are 5 more sleeps… 4 more sleeps… 3 more sleeps, etc. until their birthday. How many more sleeps are there until the Confederation Cup?

8.  When anything is monotonous, tiring or boring, we usually say, “I can't wait for this to be over!” What can't you wait for to be over? I can’t wait for the rainy season to be over.

9.  When I was younger, I couldn't wait to be a dad. You see, dreams do come true... It's just a matter of time


10.  For those who are impatient and can't wait, we usually say, "All good things come to those who wait".

6 comments :

  1. I can't wait for the next Post. This blog is just so good. Thank you for what you've been doing. If I lived in Fortaleza(I did it for 25 years), I would definitely take some classes with you. As I live in Germany my English got poor by speaking German everyday. :( "can't wait" can also mean "mal vejo a hora" specially in Fortaleza. :)
    Grüße
    Bruo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I hope you're enjoying the German winter!

      Delete
    2. Hi! It's been not that cold so far. It could be worse like in 2010.
      but you're right...It's very difficult for someone who was used to the warm temperatures in Fortaleza to cope with the winter here.

      Delete
    3. as you know, we have an endless summer here! Great beaches on our doorstep... Praia do Futuro...

      Delete
  2. I can't wayt for the full season of Breaking Bad, that has been discontinued in Brazil on the fifth episode of season 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that was a midseason break for everyone… So it will not come back on in Brazil? "Where there is a will there is a way"... I'm sure you'll find a way to watch it!

      Delete